Last Update July 22, 2021
Information We Collect
Information You Provide
You may choose to provide personal information to us in a number of ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion, including our influencer and distributor programs, or when you make a purchase on our site or otherwise. The types of personal information you may provide to us includes:
• Contact information (such as name, postal address – including business address for the influencer and distributor programs, email address, mobile or other phone number, and mobile service provider)
• Age and date of birth, gender
• Username and password, nickname/screen name
• Payment information (such as payment card details, delivery address, and billing address)
• Your physical characteristics and skincare concerns
• Contact information for friends or family you would like us to send a message to on your behalf (please ensure that you only submit contact information of individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship and who would want to receive messages from you)
• Content you willingly provide (such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles, survey responses and comments)
• Information provided to us by social networks or mobile applications when you visit our social media platforms or use one of our social networking or mobile applications (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described when you connect with the social networking application, and your geo-location details when using one of our mobile applications)
• Your membership identification number and last name for verification of your professional status (for the influencer programs)
How We Use The Information
We may use the information you provide to:
• Send you promotional materials or other communications (such as general Mongoose & Mink communications and specific 110 Shades Influencers & Distributors communications)
• Provide services to you and operate features on our site
• Process your payment and/or gift card transactions
• Create and manage your online account, including administering the 110 Shades Influencers & Distributors programs
• Chat with you and respond to your inquiries (including requests and inquiries related to the 110 Shades Influencers & Distributors Program and your membership)
• Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs (such as 110 Shades Influencer and Distributors), surveys and other offers
• Operate and communicate with you about our social networking or mobile applications
• Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analysing our products; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
• Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection. The information collected is necessary for the purposes set forth above. Without this information, you may not be able to take advantage of some of our products or services.
Information We Collect By Automated Means
When you visit this site or our online advertisements, or use one of our social networking or mobile applications, we collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons.
Technologies We Use – Cookies, Web Server Logs and Web Beacons
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our website.
In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
To control which web servers collect this information, we may place tags on our web pages called “web beacons.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies.
Third Party Web Analytics Services
We may use third party web analytics services on this site, our social media platforms, or our social networking or mobile applications, such as Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to collect information (such as IP address) and use that information to help us analyze how visitors use the site.
You may deactivate the ability of these analytics services to analyse your browsing activities on this site. To exercise your choice with respect to their collection of information on this site, you can disable Google Analytics; please download the browser add-on for the deactivation of Google Analytics provided by Google at:
To learn more about privacy and Google Analytics please consult the Google Analytics overview provided by Google at:
Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) at WWW.ABOUTADS.INFO/CHOICES
Network Advertising Initiative (NIA) at WWW.NETWORKADVERTISING.ORG/CHOICES
AdChoices at HTTPS://WWW.YOURADCHOICES.CA
Please note that even if you opt-out of this form of targeted advertising, you may still see ads from us, but the ads will not be targeted based on behavioural information about you.
We also work with third-party platforms, including platforms operated by social networks, such as Google, and Facebook, to show you advertisements. We may convert your email address, telephone number, or other information into a unique value and have these third-party platforms match this unique value with a user on their platform or with other data they may have collected about you. This matching enables us to deliver advertisements to you and others on these platforms.
We currently do not change our tracking practices in response to “do-not-track” signals or other similar mechanisms. Third parties that have content or services on our website such as a social feature, analytics service, or an advertising network partner, may obtain information about your browsing or usage habits. These third parties do not change their tracking practices in response to “do-not-track” signals from your web browser and we do not obligate these parties to honour “do-not-track” signals. To learn more about browser tracking signals and “Do Not Track,” please visit HTTP://ALLABOUNTDNT.COM.
How We Use The Information Collected By Automated Means
We may use the information collected through automated means on this site to deliver personalized content, improve our site, and product and service offerings, for market research, data analytics and system administration purposes, such as to determine whether you’ve visited us before or are new to the site, and for compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures, including compliance with relevant industry standards and the enforcement of our TERMS AND CONDITIONS. We also may use the information in other ways for which specific notice is provided at the time of collection.
Information We Share
We do not rent lists, sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described here. We may share your personal information with:
• Service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfil orders, and provide web hosting and marketing services.
• Other third parties with your consent (e.g., some of our Facebook applications may share information collected through those applications with your Facebook friends or other Facebook users).
In addition, we and our affiliates and other service providers in Canada and the US may disclose information about you if required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, including (i) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
Your Rights And Choices
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you, such as how we use the information and how we communicate with you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as specified below.
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by sending your message directly to email@example.com.
Text Message Opt-Out
If you so elect, you may provide your mobile phone number in order to receive text message alerts containing product and event information, cosmetics tips or promotions that may be sent using automated dialling systems (“Text Messages”).Your election to receive Text Messages is not required to purchase any goods or services from us. There is no fee from Mongoose & Mink Canada to receive Text Messages, however, your mobile service provider may charge you for sending and/or receiving text messages and air-time, as well as any other standard applicable rates charged by your mobile service provider.
Social Networking Application Opt-Out
To remove or delete our apps from your social networking account, follow the instructions from the social network:
FACEBOOK, provided by the Facebook Help Center.
• Geo-Location Information
When you use one of our mobile applications, you may be asked for your geo-location. You may choose not to share your geo-location details by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. To decline from sharing your geo-location details, follow the instructions on your mobile device on changing the relevant settings; otherwise, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
• Withdrawing Consent
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward within a reasonable amount of time. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of some of our products or services.
• Reviewing, Updating and Modifying Personal Information
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. You may request to review, change or delete your personal information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This website is not intended for or directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on the website. If we become aware that a child under the age of thirteen has provided us with personal information, we will delete the information from our records.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
How To Contact Us
ADDITIONAL RIGHTS AND DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
We disclose the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes:
- Contact information and personal identifiers
- Identity verification information
- Device identifiers Internet or other electronic network activity information
- Demographic information
- Geolocation data
- Device identifiers
- Audio and visual information
- Physical characteristics
- Professional or employment-related information
- Commercial information
- Health information
- Payment information
- Biometric information
These disclosures take place for the following business or commercial purposes:
- To audit our interactions with you to ensure compliance with applicable law and to measure the effectiveness of our products, services, and advertisements;
- To detect, prevent, and prosecute harmful, fraudulent, or illegal activity;
- To identify and repair bugs on our website or mobile applications;
- To provide services, such as customer service, order fulfilment, and payment processing, which we either conduct or engage service providers (such as courier services) to conduct on our behalf;
- For research and development;
- To further our business goals, including to advertise our products and services;
- For quality assurance; and
- Short-term, transient use.
- The disclosure of personal information for which we receive valuable consideration (i.e., the receipt of some benefit other than money) is considered a “sale”. We may disclose the following personal information for valuable consideration:
- Device identifiers
- Internet or other electronic network activity information
We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization if we have actual knowledge of the individual’s age.
Your California Privacy Rights
You have the right to request the following details about the personal information we have collected about you during the past 12 months:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which we collected personal information about you;
- the categories of personal information we disclosed about you for a business purpose;
- the categories of personal information we sold about you and the categories of third parties to whom it was sold;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
In addition, you have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you (subject to certain exceptions).
You can exercise your rights by contacting us at 1.800.9426.110. You can also opt-out of the sale of your personal information by e-mailing email@example.com.
- We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity when processing your requests.
- We will not discriminate against you on account of your exercise of your California privacy rights.